Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

Williamsburg: Making Some Progress

I found my super pearl purl!  I could not find it and was starting to get a little worried I was going to have to order more.  Then I found it in the envelope labeled "gilt passing".  I've found that sometimes the gilt threads and wires from different suppliers have a slightly different coloring to them and I really wanted the golds on both sides to match.  It's so exciting to me when the metals start going in.  They seem to automatically add a level dimension to the composition that was not there before.  I also am really liking the stretched pearl purl couched with the different greens. 



I thought everyone might like a sneak at the difference of the two sides.  I am extremely excited to see it when it is finished! 

3 comments:

  1. Your stitches are perfect and I really love to see the finished piece .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Katherine, and liking the colours you have chosen. Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting quite a different feel from the other side. Will be interesting to see it completed.

    ReplyDelete