Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

Mastered: Cutwork

In my fury of trying to find my pearl purl from Williamsburg, I found some purple smooth purl I had bought a number of years ago (I think on my first trip to Durham!).  I thought it would be fun to experiment with adding it into the mix on the center cutwork areas of the lotus.  I had already planned to add in some bright check to add a bit of interest and play with the reflections.  The outside ones I decided to keep just solid gilt smooth purl.  I also thought it would be another good symmetry exercise for me.  Now, not only do I need to get the angles the same side to side but also the placement of the bright check and purple smooth purl pieces.  Ah, this should be fun!  I have a distinct feeling some 'reverse stitching" may be in my very near future!  I love a good challenge though! 


3 comments:

  1. Wow ... this is amazing ! have no more words how good this look

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work and a gorgeous colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautifully made, we are manufacturer of Handmade Bullion Embroidery. You guys can visit our website. www.wannatgroup.com

    ReplyDelete