Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Mastered.com: Chipping Away

For the sections with the couched passing, I decided to edge it with over-stretched pearl purl with thread colors matching the shading bands instead of regular pearl purl outline.  I wanted to see if this would draw the purple of the couching out more.  I kept the center lotus section and the stem portion outlined in regular (non-stretched) pearl purl to stand out a bit.    

The center section of the lotus was supposed to be chipping.  I thought that it would be interesting to add french knots in the purples to experiment with shading the chipping section, especially as it is a fairly large section of chipping.  On to the cutwork!



1 comment:

  1. Your work is amazing and the thread padding is very neat . I love this very much

    ReplyDelete