Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Mastered.com: Lotus is Finished!

I finished the lotus for my Mastered.com Goldwork class with Hand & Lock!  As you may notice, the two center areas of cutwork are slightly different.  I did the first adding in the purple smooth purl somewhat sparingly and I thought it would be interesting to see what it looked like with more purple.  Originally, I was going to experiment with it and rip the side I did not like out as much and redo that side.  Then I remembered I could do the same thing with Photoshop without ripping out the experimental side.  Also, I kind of like the different sides for the sample to have as a reference.  

Now, the one thing I am really not liking is the far right side of cutwork.  I think I must have either:  1) cut a couple of the purls slightly too long and therefore created slightly bubbles or 2) angled the purls in slightly too much creating a less smooth appearance.  I'm on the fence about redoing this as it is not a "final" piece more of a sample anyway, and it is not exactly to tragic status.  Honestly, I think I want to move on to get to some ideas I have from my trip.  I still have a final piece to turn in for my course too. 








4 comments:

  1. This is ended a very elegant and beautiful design .Your work is very, very extraordinary :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The central chipped area appears to have a faint pattern. Is this an pit cal illusion? If not how was it done?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Onora,

    Yes it does have a pattern. I've worked in french knots in the 3 different color purples in the same type of bands as I did on the couching. You can see the faint guide lines I have on the padding here for the colored bands. For the very top, I have just done chipping with the bright check (no french knots).

    Here is blog post with padding and shading guide lines:
    http://katherinediuguid.blogspot.com/2014/07/masteredcom-chipping-away.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exquisite!! What a feeling of accomplishment this must be!!!

    ReplyDelete