Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2017

I Finished a UFO (unfinished object)!!!

Many of you may remember my Green Canvaswork Sampler that I had stitched in preparation for my RSN Canvaswork piece.  It's one of the pieces that just got published!  I had stitched a grid of 25 different squares and had started a composition to the side using my RSN Goldwork Lily of the Valley design.  I finally went back and finished the piece on the other side of the squares! 

The funny part is the fight to not go back and redo everything on a piece that you had started a few years previously.  I had stitched the whole lily of the valley part and the background inside the flower.  I only had the background to finish.  I thought that by doing the background in wool (in tent and cashmere stitch) that it would let the lily of the valley stitched in cottons and silks to stand out off the background.  After doing my RSN Canvaswork piece, there is so much that I'd like to change about this piece, however, I felt that it was important to keep it true to the skill set I had at that time. 
Other links: 




No comments:

Post a Comment