Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2017

White Clover

I love clover and I wanted to do a white clover after I finished my Red Clover piece.  This clover is tiny.  The frame opening is only about 3.5" tall!  

I used similar techniques as the Red Clover, mixing Valdani variegated embroidery flosses in long and short and bullion knots with stretched gilt purls.  The ground fabric is even weave linen.  I wanted to keep the techniques fairly simple on this piece since it was so small.  Mounting this piece was quite fiddly with it being such a small oval.  Overall I'm pretty happy with it.  The variegation did not fall quite as nicely on the leaves as on the Red Clover but I did not let myself plan which area of the variegation to use.  I did a couple of the leaves multiple (multiple) times so I guess I kind of cheated that way a little bit.  Also, I used a plain stem stitch on the stems on this piece instead of the stretched pearl purl on the Red Clover piece. 
On to the next weed!  





2 comments:

  1. How did you do the two tone bullions? It's very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi dima,
    i put 2-3 threads in my needle together and let them mix as they want. the thread i'm using is the variegated Valdani embroidery floss that i love so much so that also helps the color movement too. i hope that helps!
    k

    ReplyDelete