Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

When to Say When . . .

Possibly one of the hardest things for me is figuring out when to call it on a project.

I filled the small bits that I had left with button hole stitch filling in the lightest blue.  I'm not certain that I like it, but I also don't necessarily dislike it.  Part of the problem is I'm not terribly fond of the left leaf in general.  The right left was better planned to be honest.  I knew which techniques at the beginning I wanted on that leaf when I was sketching.  However the leaf on the left has been more flexible as I have been deciding the techniques as I go. The other possibility is that with the leaf on the right I completed it first in Durham when I was on my intensive.  The leaf on the left I have worked at home--leaving room and time for changing my mind and second guessing myself.  

Anyways, maybe I'm done or maybe I might add something else.  I kind of want to do something on top of the running stitch background of the 3 sections of the left leaf, but then do I need to?  I don't know.  Something just feels like it's missing or not finished.  Or maybe I've just been working on it for so long that I cannot objectively call it quits on this one.  Anyways, another bit done!



1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean when you say you are unsure whether or not its finished. To me the left leaf looks "light" and the right leaf looks "dark". If thats your intention then Id say it is finished, IF you wanted it to be more balanced then Id say add some blue couching to the light areas on the left.

    ReplyDelete