Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

A Wee Update!

So a lot has happened in the past few months!  I started back to work in August and have been crazy busy between classes (teaching Sewing & Construction and Undergraduate Fibers Studio) and being the Faculty Advisor to Art2Wear (the student fashion show each April).  I have not been able to stitch as much on my RSN pieces as I need some concentration time for them.  My last class is tomorrow though and next week, I have a date with some size 12 embroidery needles, DMC floss and my silk shading RSN piece! 

Also, my husband and I are expecting our first baby at the beginning of January!  It has been quite the exciting summer and fall!  I thought I'd share some of the stitching I have been doing.  I needed to stitch something and with the craziness of school I wanted to work on something fun and mindless.  I've been working on a quilt for our little guy using backyard animal motifs and a style I learned from Natalie Chanin from Alabama Chanin.  I'm using organic cotton jersey double layer pieces (bought from Alabama Chanin) and mostly reverse applique techniques.





No comments:

Post a Comment