Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

RSN Crewel: Day 2

Today I stitched more on the trunk and started the right-side leaf.  The middle part will be lattice with a checkerboard of gradient French knots (I have finished lattice bit).  I am also working on the satin stitch leaves for the top and bottom sections of the leaf that will be surrounded by bullion knots.  I picked out one of the little green leaves because the angle of the satin stitch was too horizontal.  I'm still on the fence about how the blending of the green to blue is going . . . we shall see if I'll end up picking out more!  Below is my progress at end of Day 2.  I was trying to take my time so that the lattice would be as straight as possible and am trying to get all my stitches tighter and better crafted.  

Now, back to my stitching!

2 comments: