Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

Warwick Cosmo Sampler Progress!

I am so excited to make some time to work on this again!   I have been working on the grass and stems of the Warwick Sampler (named after Warwick, NY where I took the photo).  I am experimenting with using the smooth passing with DMC floss using the needle-weaving technique you see on stumpwork to make tiny 3-dimensional flowers and leaves.  I thought it would be exciting to take this technique and scale it up to the full size of the grass blades.  Each blade is created using a different combination of smooth passing and DMC.  There are a few that I wanted to use only the smooth passing for contrast.  I wanted to try seeing how tight I could weave the smooth passing, what would happen if the weaving was fairly loose, and all the in-betweens!  My main goal was to have the blades come off the surface as much as possible.  More to come this week!




No comments:

Post a Comment