Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Preparing to Start the RSN Certificate in Hand Embroidery Program!!!!!!

I am getting ready to start working on the Royal School of Needlework Certificate course (click here for more info).  I'll be completing the Jacobean Crewel Embroidery and Silk Shading modules this summer, so I thought I would share some of my prep work for my pieces that I'll be completing.  Below are some of my ideas for my composition for the Crewel Embroidery module.  I hope you enjoy!


I believe my favorite so far is the last one on the left.  However, it still seems a bit unbalanced to me.  I think it needs a carnation on the right side- maybe it's replacing the lily-of-the-valley on the bottom right sketch with a carnation or maybe it's adding a small flower on the hills.   Hmmmm.... more sketches needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment