Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Progress on the Sangria Crocus Dress

Today I'm working on the embroidery of the 2nd bust cup.  For inspiration, I am enjoying a nice glass of red wine from the La Mancha area of Spain (I just thought it was appropriate!).



Here are some photos of the finished embroidered bust cup set into the lining:


Here are some photos of the skirt falling out on the dressform:

 I was trying different width of ribbon to see what width I'd like to do the belt.  This ribbon is 3".  I think 2 1/2" is the right width as this feels slightly too wide to me.  
Note:  This bodice is NOT the final bodice.  I am re-cutting the front bodice as I did not like the ease on this one.  The neckline and pattern are the same though.  Please remember the seam allowance is still on the top edge so the actual neckline will be 1/2" lower than you see now once it is sewn to lining.

Here are some photos of the skirt lining.  I edged the hem with some black lace trim that I had bought a number of years ago in New York.  

No comments:

Post a Comment