Pages

Friday, June 6, 2014

RSN Silk Shading- finished!

I have finally finished my silk shading for my RSN Certificate!  I look it off my frame last night.  Thank you everyone for your kind and encouraging words with this project!  Now onto Goldwork- yippee!!!!

Here are a few images of the final.  When I was in Williamsburg, Tracy Franklin kindly took a look at it and helped me with one of my issues (mainly the middle blossom).  Per her advice, I added some highlighting to it so that it created the perception of a darker gray.  Does the middle blossom look more rounded and the bottom edge more fluttery? 



6 comments:

  1. The change is subtle but it made a difference. This piece was beautiful before and even better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes.....I can definitely see the difference but gotta tell you it didn't bother me before!!! Lol. Exquisite!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous---and so close to the photo it's amazing. Although I couldn't clearly see the problem, now when I see both together, I think that the added stitches make a difference. Thank you for sharing the journey through this lovely project. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kinds words Julie! I am so excited to have it mounted now and almost ready to turn in- just the sateen backing to go!

    ReplyDelete