Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Article About the UK: Stitching a Cultural Identity Study Abroad Program that I Developed

NC State's Office of International Affairs wrote an exciting article about the UK: Stitching a Cultural Identity study abroad program I led and the Internationalization Seed Grant that I received to develop the program.
Here's a link to it if you'd like to check it out:  https://international.ncsu.edu/ukstitching/

I am still reflecting on this trip even 5 months after our return.  Developing it and collaborating with the Royal School of Needlework was an absolutely amazing experience in itself.  I cannot say enough wonderful things about the student's RSN tutor, Mandy Ewing.  If you get a chance to take a class with her I highly recommend it!!!  Curating the different studio and museum visits, coordinating the different cultural activities and introducing students to London is something I will cherish.  They are a very special group of girls!

The students wrote blog posts for the College of Design while we were in the UK.  You can check out there posts here at the DesignLife Blog.

 At Hampton Court Palace with Henry VIII
 Final dinner with Mandy (our wonderful, wonderful RSN tutor)

No comments:

Post a Comment