Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Operation "Finish RSN Canvaswork" has commenced ...

I am hoping beyond hope to get this lovely lady stitched up by the time I go to Durham in a few weeks to see Tracy.  I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am to get on the train to stitch with her and my other friends!  I've even started thinking about what I might have for lunch at Leonard's! 

Here's where I ended today, keeping in mind that the left shoulder may come out-- my tweezers and scissors are on standy-by.  The tricky bit is that I do not know of a good way to solve the muddled-up bit around her collar bone (photo below).  

I may try some playing around with the colors I'm plying up.  I thought maybe I could cleverly strand inside the needle to make the transitions more delicate but honestly, I think that may cause more problems because then the jumps will seem bigger.  I've also considered dropping from a 4-2 horizontal Parisian to a 3-1 horizontal Parisian around the collar bone to shoulder.  However, I'm afraid of creating more distracting noise from that change in pattern and I'm not certain if that will actually solve anything.  It is at this moment that I would tell my students to stop saying "but I'm afraid it will" and to sample it out and actually see what it does.  Then again, maybe after I sleep things will miraculously look better in the morning (don't laugh it could happen... usually does not but it could!).  

 
 Progress at end of today.
Problem area.
How I was keeping track with which stripe I was working on.  Seriously, the black and white starts to make you a bit dizzy after a while!  I'm really enjoying all the delicate shading of it and the challenge of the draping on the blouse.  I just have to adjust my eyes more regularly because of the high contrast.
 What happens when your 3 year old discovers the Post It Note arrows.  I can't really blame him as they are pretty fun to play with!






No comments:

Post a Comment