Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2016

2016: An Exciting Year to Look Forward To

As my brain catches up to the fact that it is now well into 2016, I thought it would be great to share with you some exciting events that I will be participating throughout this year.

I'll Be Teaching and Lecturing At:

April 28- May 1:  EGA Sun Region "Red Sails in the Sunset" Seminar  
 in St. Petersburg, Florida
Interpreting Moss with Creative Goldwork Embroidery Bowtie (1 day workshop on April 29)
Dandelion of a Thousand Wishes (2 day workshop on April 30- May 1)




May 17- 22:  EAC Inspiring Threads at Humber College, Toronto, Ontario
Beehave Goldwork Sampler (2 day workshop on May 18-19)
Dandelion of a Thousand Wishes (2 dayworkshop on May 21-22)
Historic Foundations for Contemporary Embroidery lecture


August 28- September 3:  Penland School of Crafts in Penland, North Carolina
 Embroidering Impressions of Nature (week long workshop)

 September 20:  SAGA National "Anchored in SAGA" Convention in Hampton, Virginia
Haystacks of Giverny (1 day workshop)
Evolution of Consuelo lecture about my Consuelo: Glitter of a Dollar Duchess gown 


November 2- 6: EGA National "Star Spangled" Seminar in Alexandria, Virginia
Beehive Goldwork Sampler (2 day workshop on Thursday and Friday)
Gregg Floral (2 day workshop on Saturday and Sunday)

Exploring Color Interactions Illuminated in Goldwork Embroidery lecture

Other Exciting Events:

October 19-23, 2016:  Textile Society of America "Crosscurrents: Land, Labor and the Port" Biennial Symposium in Savannah, Georgia
I will be presenting a research poster about my Exploring Color Interactions Illuminated in Goldwork Embroidery project. 




2 comments:

  1. I won't be attending your class at EAC but it will be exciting to meet you in person :) Will you be having a booth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I look forward to meeting you too! Unfortunately, I will not be having a booth this year. Maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete