Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Queen Anne's Lace

I finished another weed over the weekend.  This time a Queen Anne's Lace motif.  I used a mix of Or Nué couched smooth passing (couched closer for shadows), stretched pearl purl, stretched s-ing, chipping and french knots.  All the metals were the old throwaway "weeds" so some are tarnished more than others and I stretched some more than others to experiment with creating depth that way.  On the stem, I stretched the pearl purl so that the green would show less where the highlights would be.  The thread I used is the olive green variegated Valdani sewing thread.  I may go back in and add more silver chipping or I may just redo it with more traditional goldwork techniques and only gold and silver, we'll see!




3 comments:

  1. Очень красивый сорняк получился. У нас он называется борщевик. (borshchevik)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very beautiful! Very good to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, please do not redo! It is wonderful as is! Fresh and new ideas. Love the way you used "stretch" to shade. Very effective.

    ReplyDelete