Pages

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

A New Mini Clover

I've been working on a number of these so more to come shortly!  My goal is to have at least 20 of them if not more.  They all fit into 2"x3" Victorian metal frames.  They are all pretty similar (and in some cases the exact same) size as actual clover that I've picked and dried from my yard. 
I'm experimenting with different techniques and materials.  I want the group of them to work from very traditional stitching to non-traditional collage-stitching.

Here is the latest finished one:
 Details:  Valdani 6-strand cotton flosses on 18 count cotton Aida cloth.  Cross-stitch leaves with a stretched gilt pearl purl outline and stem.  Blossom is composed of bullion knots in natural silk floss and Gilt Sylke Twist.


3 comments:

  1. I love seeing you stitch these. Such beautiful and dainty experiments in stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Must bring you lots of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Your stitch choices are perfect.
    Carolyn
    http://www.stitchopedia.com
    Stitchopedia…An encyclopedia of needlepoint stitches…

    ReplyDelete