Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

RSN Canvaswork: Progress After 8 Days of Class

After my 8 days of class for my RSN Canvaswork module, I still have a lot of work to do to finish!  I have made a plan with Tracy and feel confident in being able to get it completed.  She went over each new area with me so I feel like I know what to do to finish.  It is now "just" a matter of time and stitching.

Below are photos of my progress at the end of my 8 days.  I finally got used to working with the black and white stripes.  When I first started them, the contrast really played with my eyes.  Once I got to the shoulder area where the directions were changing, the contrast did not seem to cause as much eye strain as it did when I was working on the torso.

The hat also does not show the rather large chunk that I took out.  I felt it was slightly too dark and I thought if I was not happy with it at that stage, it was better to just take it out and try again.  The same can be said for the other flower (the one that is currently a lilac color)--it's totally coming out!  I think the color is not right.  I added a shadow color to the base thread color and I think I should have gone the other way and added a highlight so the overall flower color was lighter.

I am really excited to start back on this next week.  I really enjoy the canvaswork.  It is a lot more time consuming that I ever thought, especially mixing all the thread colors.  I found that is was imperative to keep detailed "recipes" for each mixture so that I could go back and remix them correctly and achieve the slight tonal differences in the sky and blouse.  My notes for this project look like a funny code because of all the color recipes!  



2 comments:

  1. It's looking stunning ! It's way harder than it looks ! I had to keep colour notes too !! Not hinging really prepares you for exactly how complicated changing stitches and variations is !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! I love the stitching of the fabric - it looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete