Pages

Friday, May 22, 2015

RSN Canvaswork: Progress Day 3

At the end of Day 3, I have been working on the stripes for the top and the butterfly.  

I quite like the color mixing and the texture of the canvaswork.  Mixing the threads takes a lot of the time but I think it worth it.  The stripes on the shirt are mixes of DMC stranded cottons and Valdani variegated stranded cotton.   The butterly is composed of mixes of DMC stranded cotton, DMC stranded rayon, DMC stranded metallic, and Valdani variegated stranded cotton.  Maybe I can put the butterfly's body in today so I can say I've finished something! 

For now, on to putting in some more stripes before class officially starts for the day.  The other night I gave myself the homework of pre-mixing all my thread combinations so that is saving a bit of time here in class.  



2 comments:

  1. You've chosen a really interesting design. I like the idea of using stranded cotton - it gives so many possibilities for blending the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katherine, sorry not to see you this time. I really like your design. What stitches are you using please? Hope you are enjoying canvas work. Will be checking on your progress!!!! Good luck with finishing on Friday and looking forward to seeing the finished piece.

    ReplyDelete